We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. Given the effects of COVID-19, we have taken additional measures in our residences today, developed following the guidelines of global and local public health authorities (including the WHO and CDC), to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more rigorous:
Cleaning regimen additional measures
When guests check into our residences over the next few months, they will notice several additions to the company’s regimen designed to set an even higher standard of cleanliness for our residences. Specific areas of focus include:
- Doorknobs, light switches, high contact areas: All high contact areas such as door handles, light switches, remote controls, faucets, shower heads etc. etc. are disinfected.
- Air conditioning: Our air conditioning units do not recycle the air in the environment, they pull in fresh air continuously through their outdoor main units. The filters are washed and disinfected after every checkout.
- Housekeeping Staff: We employ the services of a professional cleaning company. The staff wear masks, gloves and disposable robes during the entire time they are within the residence to clean. Their temperatures are taken before their entry into the residence.
- Kitchen: After every visit all plates, glasses, cutlery, and cooking appliances are removed from the cabinets and washed in a 75°C cycle in the dishwasher. All areas of the kitchen are washed with soap and then sanitized. All appliances are washed when possible and sanitized.
- Kitchen Condiments: Regretfully we have had to remove some of the condiments we provided during our stay. After every visit, all condiments (tea’s, coffees, sugars, etc. etc.) are disposed of, their containers washed in the washing machine and refilled.
- Bedrooms: All beds and pillow are protected by waterproof covers that are changed after every checkout along with the all the linens. All linens are washed by a professional laundry service and then dried in dryers and then ironed at high temperatures.
- Bathrooms: All areas of the bathrooms including toilet brushes and bins are washed and sanitized. The personal items such as shampoo, body wash, makeup wipes, etc. etc. are discarded after checkout.
- Living room: Beyond sanitizing all high touch surfaces we also spray couches, seat cushions and curtains with disinfectant after every checkout.
- Hot tub: Chemical levels in the hot tub are checked after every checkout and periodically during your stay. We use Bayrol Bromine tablets to maintain water hygiene. Bromine is less abrasive to the skin and resistant to the higher temperatures of the hot tub as opposed to chlorine. The hot tub is wiped down with Bayrol Spray, interior piping is disinfected with Bayrol Chlorine Shock tablets to ensure maximum disinfection during the water change.
- Medicine Cabinet: The items in the medicine cabinet are provided for those everyday emergencies that cannot be planned for. We ask that if you use an item from the medicine cabinet (even one pill) that you remove it completely from the cabinet as we will have to discard it. Please replace the item with a new equivalent from the pharmacy or leave us a note and the cost of the item so that we may restock it for you. Please read all directions before using any medicines or creams. The items provided are used at your own risk and under your own responsibility.
- Cleaning Supplies: Cleaning supplies have been provided for your own use should that be necessary. You will find them under the kitchen sink and in the walk-in closet. Bottles are disinfected after every checkout, mop heads replaced, mop stick disinfected, bucket washed and disinfected and vacuum washed and disinfected.
- General Cleaning Guidelines: The residences are cleaned from the furthest room inwards toward the entrance. We begin with the bathrooms and kitchen. Every high touch surface is sanitized. We use European standard and approved disinfectants. All staff wear PPE gear while cleaning the residences. There is a checklist for every area that is used by staff to ensure proper cleaning, this list is provided to you upon check-in.
The SV Acropolis Residence has a 24-hour doctor available to you. Any consultations and visits are charged directly to you and receipts are provided by the medical staff. In accordance with Ministry of Health guidelines the residence is also equipped with the necessary gear for use by medical staff.
In the event you feel unwell please contact us immediately so that we may provide aid and medical care if necessary.
We and our staff hope you have a wonderful time while staying with us! We all strive to provide the best possible experience and service at all times. Should you notice anything that requires our attention or that can be improved we strongly urge you to inform us immediately so that we may continue to improve.